4/4 Temp guages

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: 4/4 Temp guages
From: jblair@nhr.com (John T. Blair)
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 1996 18:28:38 -0400 (EDT)
Hay gang!

  Can anyone tell me what the temp. guage for a 65 4/4 is supposed to look
like.  The one in my car had been replaced when I purchased the car.  It's
a small guage about 1 1/2" dia. with black face and white lettering.  That
much I can guess since the other guages are white on black.  I'll also
assume it a Smiths.  What does the face look like, numbers or just the
C - H marks?  Some of the late model guages, like on the Spit, has a cover
that hides most of the needle.  Should the guage look like that or show the
entire needle be visable?  Is it supposed to be mechanical or electrical?

  I'm trying to find a used "correct" guage.
John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:  jblair@nhr.com
Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  495-8229

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire