Re: 4/4 Temp guages

To: jblair@nhr.com
Subject: Re: 4/4 Temp guages
From: RCooperman@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 1996 19:52:50 -0400
John,

I bought my 4/4 several years ago and it did not have a temperature gauge.
 The instrument cluster just had Fuel (not working) Amps and Oil Pressure.
 It is a 1969 4/4 with 1600 cc cross-flow engine.  It had only an inoperative
overheat sensor and idiot light.

Since the beast ran HOT, before my adding a fan and re-coring the radiator, I
bought a new temperature gauge.  It is Smiths, white with black lettering and
the type matches that on the instruement cluster.  The full needle is exposed
and the needle points downward, moving from left to right.  I mounted it
adjacent to the instrument cluster - in my RHD car that's Instrument cluster,
Tach, Speedo, Temperature Gauge.  It's electrical with the sensor screwed
into the block up front and wired to the gauge.  I think I got it either from
Morgan Spares or Rutter.  Contact me for more info.

It's was a real engine saver before the re-working.