Re: 4/4 Temp guages

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@nhr.com>
Subject: Re: 4/4 Temp guages
From: Jeremy Edwards <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 1996 12:03:27 +0100
In message <199604072228.SAA02242@geneva.visi.net>, "John T. Blair"
<jblair@nhr.com> writes
>Can anyone tell me what the temp. guage for a 65 4/4 is supposed to look
>like.

Thank you for your previous reply re Rear Axles, as a newbie to the
electronic age it is hard to know what to include in a message. I have
owned a Morgan since June 1991, restored last year, crashed, now being
restored again. (new chassis).

John Worrall in his book "Original Morgan" gives a few details but only
has pictures of a Series II. The text suggests that the tempreture gauge
is not a standard item, the quadrant, (with only three dials!),
consisting of fuel, oil and amps. From September 1960, black toggle
switches replaced the cream knobs and from June 1962, dials became white
on black.

Original Morgan, John Worrall and Liz Turner, Bay View Books, ISBN 1
870979 29 X

I hope this is of assistance.

Jeremy Edwards
1972 Morgan 4/4 2 str