pulling a 4/4 engine

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: pulling a 4/4 engine
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 14:28:37 -0400
Sorry if there is a repeat posting problem here, but...  I posted a similar
message this morning but never got it back again and I am wondering if it
went out properly.  Anyway, I thought I'd try it again to make sure and as a
test that I'm still properly set up with the list (??)

Quick question:    How easy is it to pull a 4/4 engine and leave the tranny
behind?  My only experience is with MGAs and MGBs (in which cases it is
difficult but not impossible).  Any experience with this?  I'd like to keep
the tranny in.

Thanks,
Will

p.s. blasphemous question: a friend has offered an interesting trade: his
well sorted TVR 1971 2500M (w/ GT6 engine and OD tranny, freshly renovated
interior/exterior and frame) for my 4/4 "as is"  (that is, with its
suspected rear main oil leak).  This is a handsome and quick car.  I quickly
said if he threw in an additional 2k$ I'd accept.  He balked.  What d'ya think?