Re: pulling a 4/4 engine

To: Jeremy Edwards <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: pulling a 4/4 engine
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 08:48:53 -0400
Jeremy, et al:

Many thanks for your detailed protocol.  I'm printing it up and will use it
as my guide if I do end up pulling the engine.  It seems pretty likley that
I will.  I am not sure how I can drop the crank w/o removing the front
pulley system and then dealing with the first motion shaft.  Engine removal
is a job I've tackled in a couple of MGs so...  Oil preasure is good and the
engine doesn't smoke so I hope to confine my repairs to the bottom end.  New
bearings are a good idea, tho, as long as I'm there, but I don't forsee
doing any head work at this point.

As to the TVR, let me re-assure members of the Morgans list that no such
deal is actually in the making.  While I like this fellow's TVR quite a bit,
I *also* like my 4/4 quite a bit.  The final word was my wife's, "NO!"  It
seems she doesn't consider the TVR a thing of beauty.  It seems she much
prefers the Mog.  Did I marry well, or what???

Cheers,
Will