Summer project day 1

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Summer project day 1
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 20:32:36, -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Well Day one on the one week Morgan panel replacement went fairly well.
Got the fenders off and the body tub stripped . Taking the panel (Left
rear body ) came off much better than I expected . Using a upholstery
tack removal tool I was able remove all the pins without tearing up the
wood. Removal of the panel was my second biggest worry. The wood has to
stay intact to form the new sheet metal over.
My biggest worry was that I would find that some of the wood had rotted
and would need to be replaced. Turned out the wood is all very sound.
the rust was indeed from the inside between the door sill and arch. The
crack between the base board and the sheet metal had collected dirt and
must have held the water. The rust was all along the span and only as
high as the board is thick.
I did run in to a problem friday when I went  to order a 4X10 ft sheet
of cold roll 22 gauge sheet metal. The sheet metal shop that I've used
in the past as raised the minimum purchase to 100 dollars. What would I
do with 40 feet of sheet metal?  Found a smaller shop which will sell
me any size I need and charges cost. Additionally he has no problem
doing little jobs like rolling and breaking . I real find, in that to
date I have not had anyone with big sheet metal tools available.
Only other problem is how I'm going to pick up the sheet metal. Went up
to the college in the van yesterday  to help my son move and on the way
home it developed what sounds like a rod knock.  Its going to be
interesting to see how I'm going to transport a 4X 10 sheet in the
MGBGT.

Well got some  pints left  a cool pool waiting . Until the next report
I am

Bob Nogueira      .