Re: Side Curtain Rubber Seals

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Side Curtain Rubber Seals
From: pdburket@intrepid.net (David & Pat)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 10:01:48 -0500
>  I've found a company that can make us the rubber for the older
>sidecurtains.  Only one problem $$$.  The minimumn order is 750'
>at about $1 per foot.

To John and all the rest of you folks ,

I think what John has done is an invaluable service since the majority of
us own older Morgans.

I would imagine that all the US clubs are represented on this list.  Many
of the clubs in the Mother country have a spares scheme where by members
may purchase needed parts.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if a club or an
allince of clubs would purchase the amount needed, and advertise it to
their members in their newsletters.  The Regailia person of participating
clubs could place orders from individual members to John.  The main point I
am trying to make is the burden of the expense would be on the club or
better yet an alliance of clubs.  After all, John did the leg work, he
shouldn't have to put up his money and then market the stuff as well.
Surely most Morgan club members are not on this list, but we all read our
respective club's newsletterwhere this offer and others like it could be
made.

Those of you in this readership who are officers of your respective clubs
might consider this and put it up for discussion at your  next meeting.  I
believe that this could work if the cost was divided among participating
clubs, foreign and domestic. Each club would be alloted a given number of
feet (depending on the number of clubs participating). More could be
ordered if the interest was there. The important thing is that John would
be the warehouse.  He would know, and the Regalia person would know when a
club has purchased its' allotment.

In addition to reaching people on the Morgan list, non internet users would
be privy to this offer as well.  I am sure there is  further need to
develop and refine this idea.  An association of US or maybe North American
Morgan clubs would be helpful, but this idea would work with only one club.

Morgan dittos,

David