Side Curtain Rubber Seals

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Side Curtain Rubber Seals
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 21:54:09 -0500
Hello gang,

  I know this is a repeat, but it's been a while since this subject
was discussed so I thought I'd bring it up a gain.

  For those of you that are not aware of it, the Factory has
changed the side curtains a little and the rubber seal that goes
around the outside of the sidecurtains will NOT fit the older side
curtains.

  I have ordered stuff from both Metro Molded and Restorations
Specialities.  Neither of products supplied would fit.  I've talked
to both Penny Bates of Old World Restorations and Bob Couch of
Morgan Spares.  Penny has some of the rubber seal in stock, but
she says it is for the new curtains.  Bob Couch though he had some
in stock but when he went to pull it, found out he didn't.  He
told me that he doesn't bother with the sidecurtains when restoring
a car, he gets new side curtains (to the tune of about $750 - ouch!).

  I've found a company that can make us the rubber for the older
sidecurtains.  Only one problem $$$.  The minimumn order is 750'
at about $1 per foot.  I'm not in this to make any money.  I'm
taking orders to see if we can come up with the required 750'.
If so, I'll contact everyone interested to collect the money for
their orders (in advance) and then I'll order the stuff to be made.
When it comes in, I'll divy it up and send it out.  I figure the
shipping will be about $5 to $10 which, I'll let you know once I
start sending it out.

So far I have orders for about 180' of the seal.  If you are
interested in any, please email me and let me know the quanity
that you'd like.

The following people don't need to reply, as I already know what
your desires are:
jblair@exis.net
RCooperman@aol.com
rem@ucolick.org