? of 4/4 owners

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: ? of 4/4 owners
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 17:30:28 -0500
Hey gang,

   In one of my articles, I've indicated that the 4/4 Ford engines
were painted Ford Blue.  I originally got this information from
John Sheally III.

   One of the items I got gigged on at the AACA National meet was
the color of the engine.  I wrote the Factory and asked them about
the color of the engine and the temp. guages.  Their responce was
that the temp. guage was part of a "guage cluster" and that the
engine was painted black.

   I believe that the person that answered my letter was confused.
We've had the discussion on the temp guages and according to my
car, everything I've been able to find in the books and you comments
the temp guage was a option that was usually mounted on the outboard
edge of the dash (as is mine).  This goes against what the Factory
said.

   So the next obvious question, is what color(s) are the Ford engines
in your cars?  Do you know if they were repainted?

Thanks for the input guys.

John

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!