rear licence mounts

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: rear licence mounts
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 09:46:10 -0500 (EST)
Fellow fiends:

I'm looking for suggestions on hardware for a rear licence mount for me
'67 4/4 (the best damn Morgan ever made, including those "big bore" +4s
(if you catch my meaning)).  ;-)

Anyway, back to the point.  My plates have historically resided below the
bumper, that is, scrapping on the ground (almost).  I'm thinking that if
I get the licence mount from an MGA that I ought to be able to rig it up
to look like I didn't "rig it up."  Any
comments/flames/suggestions/donations?

How do you mount the rear plate on your car?  In NJ we regretably have a
front plate too (profoundly UGLY on a car whose desingers didn't intend
it) so I'm open to suggestion on how to mount that
one as well.  My front bumper is not drilled to mount a front plate, but
that
isn't a problem of course.  Any CLEVER solutions to this nagging dilema?

I can imagine more important questions for this group, I'll agree, but
they just don't come to me right now.

Will Zehring