new Morgan options

To: Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: new Morgan options
From: c.butter@umds.ac.uk (Colin Butter)
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 1997 17:06:06 +0000
Thanks to all who replied to my request for opinions about the options
available on a new Morgan.   Our number is now up, and we have to specify!
Having just been down to the factory again,  I have the following questions,
some of them picking up from previous responses:

1.  Aluminium vs. steel.  The car is to be a workhorse.  The guys in the
factory, and some respondants, seem to recomend aluminium body, but steel
wings.  Q: is there a wing rust problem with steel, or has this been sorted
by modern paints and rustproofing?  Are the ali wings *really* prone to
denting from stones?

2. Door handles. Q: Even when running with the hood up, are these  useful?
(I gave up locking convertables a long time ago).

3.  Wheel options on the Plus Four are chrome wires (not with SS spokes) or
silver(ish) stove enameled wires  (painted no longer available).   Is the
chrome significantly difficult to maintain?

4. Resale vaule.  My dealer says that I should have leather to aid resale
vaule.  Others have suggested that the "classic" green and subdued colours
are likely to hold value better than, for example, a bright red or yellow.
Any views or experience?   I ask, because I was thinking of Ferrari Yellow,
with black ambla (synthetic) !

TIA

Dr Colin Butter
Physiology Dept