RE: new Morgan options

To: "'c.butter@umds.ac.uk'" <c.butter@umds.ac.uk>
Subject: RE: new Morgan options
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <VandergT@aecl.ca>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 13:31:17 -0500
Colin,

I will only comment on your last question,

>4. Resale vaule.  My dealer says that I should have leather to aid resale
>vaule.  Others have suggested that the "classic" green and subdued colours
>are likely to hold value better than, for example, a bright red or yellow.
>Any views or experience?   I ask, because I was thinking of Ferrari Yellow,
>with black ambla (synthetic) !

If I were you, I would ask myself the following questions:

1. do I plan to resell the car?  If so, why and when?
2. would I really be happy with a "classic green' (BRG?) or a "subdued
color?"
3. how long do paint jobs last on Morgans?
4. assuming I really like Ferrari yellow, would the cost of an eventual
repainting be worth it?
5. would I recover the cost of repainting the car prior to selling it?
6.  is the new Morgan going to be my only car?
7. will I ever get another chance to get a Ferrari-yellow Morgan?

My gut feeling is that, if I really wanted a Ferrari-yellow Morgan, I'd
go for it!!  After all, Morgans are usually not purchased simply to get
from point A to point B (and back) and are therefore an expression of
their owner.

Dr T.T. Vandergraaf
Geochemistry Research Branch
(we're "down to earth" people)