Oil Pressure

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Oil Pressure
From: apicciotto@wccusd.k12.ca.us (Armando Picciotto)
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 14:58:04 +0000
Thanks to all who wrote with oil pressure readings for a '63 +4 TR
engine and possible solutions to my low oil pressure.  This past
weekend, I hooked a temporary oil pressure gauge to the engine, no
small feat because of the  fittings necessary to mate an
off-the-shelf gauge and a TR engine.  Anyway, I finally managed to
jerri-rig something and sure enough, the pressure went right up where
I think it's supposed to be.  After thhoroughly warming the engine,
the pressure went from 35 at idle to 55 at speed (versus close to 0
at idle and about 20 at speed for the old gauge).  So now I get to
look for someone who can fix the old gauge.  That's certainly better
than fixing the engine.

Armando Picciotto
'63 +4