Morgan Autocross

To: /R=MPMH/R=IN/R=autox.team.net/U=morgans/FFN=morgans/@mr.mops.wl.com
Subject: Morgan Autocross
From: Joseph DeLuca <DELUCAJ@mops.wl.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 11:39:19 -0500
Hello folks,

Steve Bauserman (67 Morgan 4/4, 83 Mercedes 300SD) reported his success in the
Houston area autocross and that spurred a question relating to my Mog...

When I used to autocross my '62 4/4 in New Jersey I recall the unnerving sound
of the driveshaft rasping against the driveshaft tunnel as I cornered hard.  My
immediate solution was to stop autocrossing it (I also had a Toyota MR2 that
was nearly as much fun to toss around anyway).

I always wondered if "all Morgans did that" or what particular parts (springs?
lever shocks?) were defective in their role of positioning the rear axle.

Any ideas?

Joe DeLuca
Sparta, NJ
'62' Morgan 4/4 Series V Competition model