Re: Moss Motors

To: /R=MPMH/R=IN/R=autox.team.net/U=morgans/FFN=morgans/@mr.mops.wl.com
Subject: Re: Moss Motors
From: Joseph DeLuca <DELUCAJ@mops.wl.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 11:41:56 -0500
>>   Several years ago I ordered a water pump  for my BGT  from Moss and got a
>>  rude sales person who would not tell check the specs on the pumps so I could
>>  insure I was ordering the correct one. Ended up with the wrong pump and had
>>  to do a lot of mods to get it to work, Sent off a letter to Moss complaining
>>  about  the rude salesperson and the extra work he caused me and they sent me
>>  a letter of apology and full refund of the price of the pump .

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has trouble with Moss Motors.  They
are polite enough to me when I walk in and ask for an MG or TR part and can
give the part number, but if I say they word "Morgan" they go stone cold and
insist they don't have Morgan parts.

I explain that they DO have Morgan parts and if they would help me compare the
greasy defunct part I'm holding in my shop rag with the shiney ones in their
bins they could solve my problem.  Forget about it.

My best approach is to pretend the part is for some obscure car like a Triumph
Dolomite Special and I may get a little cooperation.

I'll be grateful if they ever come out with a catalog for Morgan so we will
become part of the accepted circle.

Joe DeLuca
Sparta, NJ
'62 Morgan 4/4