Re: Rudge hubs

To: "aMORGANS@autox.team.net" <Morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Rudge hubs
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 97 08:09:07 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --
 Expanded recipient data:
 To:   Blair John               \ Internet:    (jblair@virgo.massolant.navy.mil)

John;

I placed a very strong magnet on the edge of the rim , tightened the spinner
hand tight so the wheel could rotate on the hub but had no in - out movement
. I then used a dial gauge which set against the magnet on the rim and
rotated the wheel .
I'll be interested to see how my new wheels test out. Appears to me that the
primary wear occurs on the hubs not the wheels .  In my youth I had a A-H
3000 which had a stripped out rear hub. Car worked fine as long as you put
the spinner on very tight and started off forwards ,. If you started off in
reverse the spinner simply spun off.
All this makes me think the age  old question of 'How tight should you do
the spinners' ,  is mute. regardless of how tight you put them on they
appear to slacken off or tighten up  to the what ever the motion of the
wheel will permit .  Uhmmmmm  may have another test here to try this weekend
.

- REPLY, Original message follows --------

Bob Nogueira
74 MGBGT