Front-end vibration at 50-55mph

To: /R=MPMH/R=IN/R=autox.team.net/U=morgans/FFN=morgans/@mr.mops.wl.com
Subject: Front-end vibration at 50-55mph
From: Joseph DeLuca <DELUCAJ@mops.wl.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 08:29:18 -0500
John,

You probably know more about front-end vibes than me, but don't overlook the
obvious.

Those "blades" that position the front-end are notorious for causing the
problem, but I found out that the steel rod next to the blade also induces the
50-55 shake if the securing nut & bolt vibrate slightly loose.  When this
happened to my car I replaced the nut with an elastic stopnut and the shakes
ended immediately.

Not to mention the possibility that when you switched from radial to bias-ply
tires you also switched wheels (or had them mounted) with a resulting change in
wheel balance.

Joe DeLuca
Sparta, NJ

Yellow '62 Morgan 4/4