Re: Front-end vibration at 50-55mph

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Front-end vibration at 50-55mph
From: gdm@po.cwru.edu (David McCoy)
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 09:15:24 -0400 (EDT)
>>>  Hey gang,
>>>
>>>    Don't know how many of you remember about a year ago we had a
>>>  thread going about the vibrations in the front wheels on the car.
>>>
>>>  I had taken mine out for a drive and the front end came unglued at
>>>  about 50-55 mph.

John-We did have this discussion last year. In the owners manual I recieved
from MR there was an insert from ISIS discussing front end shimmy in
Morgans. I though I had sent that to you. Anyway, I have misplaced my manual
but I do recall that the problem was a function of speed (50-55mph) and
radial tires. FYI I have Michlean XZX's on my +4 and I keep them at 30psi.

Dave

G. David McCoy, PhD                             phone: (216) 368-5963
Department of Environmental Health Sciences       fax: (216) 368-3194
Case Western Reserve University                  email: gdm@po.cwru.edu
School of Medicine
Cleveland, OH 44106