Re: hubs inquiry

To: alanaron@norfolk.infi.net, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: hubs inquiry
From: "Blair, John" <jblair@virgo.massolant.navy.mil>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 10:24:31 -5
On Tue, 15 Apr 1997 01:04:21  Alan worte:

> I may sound like a real amateur (specially since I have owned 2 Mogs for
> over 20 years), but in Steve's question on wire wheels loosening, he
> mentions that he checked the obvious that the "hubs are on the right side of
> the car". What's obvious???  I am in the middle of the 15 year chassis-up
> reconditioning of my 64 +4, and have finished the chassis and rear and front
> end suspensions. I don't ever recall having seen anything about putting hubs
> on the wrong side. Can they go on the wrong side? The front obviously can't
> because of the tie-bar linkages, but what about the rear?

Alan,

  They most certanily can.  When I got my 4/4 back in 69, I kept
throwing front spinners.  Apparently, the PO had had some work
done and the mech. put the left spindle on the right side and
visa versa.

  I think I addressed this issue in one of the articles on the
Morgan Web page also.  However, it might be burried in the article.

John

 John T. Blair  (WA4OHZ)  - jblair@massolant.navy.mil
 NAVMASSO Code 331        - Phone (804) 523-8133 (Comm)
 1441 Crossways Blvd.                   565-8133 (DSN)
 Chesapeake, VA. 23320-2843