Re: SLR Morgans

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: SLR Morgans
From: Ben Hodgkiss <benh@hwcces.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 17:01:21 +0100 (BST)
I posted this a few days ago, but apparently it didn't reach the
list, so here we go again:

About three years I spotted one of the SLRs in a car restorers on the
Rushock trading estate in Worcestershire, which is just down the road
from John Worrall's Heart Of England Morgans former premises.

I had a bit of a chat with the restorer. The car was the TR based
one, but had had headlamps fitted at some point. Bodywork was in
bare metal. It was apparently to be restored to its original
condition.  I seem to remember that the car was being restored
piecemeal when the owner had enough money to carry on. This was in
the depths of the recession.

Has this car now surfaced?

Ben

1972 4/4

Ben Hodgkiss                           email: benh@hwcces.demon.co.uk
Maintenance Systems Manager            phone: +44 (0)1905 766862
Environmental Services Department      fax:   +44 (0)1905 766890
Hereford & Worcester County Council