Re: Blow outs

To: "Stephen F. Bauserman" <sbauserm@actsnet.com>, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Blow outs
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 10:41:42 -0400
At 06:28 AM 6/12/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Dave:
>
>That was suggested by the tire shop that has worked on mine (67 4/4).  I
>have not done it because I also wondered about the spoke adjustment issue.
>If you used the silicon sealant, I imagine when you had to adjust the
>spokes you would need to remove it all and then re-apply another round when
>finished.  My biggest concern is how opten do you need to adjust the spokes
>and it looks like a lot of work to get the silicon off the rim to do it.
>Anyone else have a thought?
>
>This sounds like something John Blair could add to the SOL Morgan Web.
>John are you out there?

Yah, Steve, I'm out there.  I guess I'd say I'm in the Lurk mode.  Trying
to get things done.  Working on a Web page similar to what we have for the
Morgan but this time for the Bricklin, trying to write a couple of articles
on restoring the Brick, and trying to actually turn a wrench on it.

While I've been following the thread, about the wire wheels and the blow
outs, I don't have any info on the subject.  I don't think tuning the wheels
would be a problem, but it might break the silicon seal.  The new set of
Dayton Chrome wires I just purchased from British Wire Wheel in Ca.
supposedly will take the tubless tires.  I remember several years ago when
I first heard about this.  I thought the fellow was crazy.

As to tuning the wires, the may need periodic maintenance.  The best thing
to do is to take a stick and slide it across all the spokes.  They should
all have the same sound.  If one is flat, it needs to be tightened.  I've
managed to rebuild 3 of my original wheels, and have the spokes sitting
here next to me and the other 2 wheels waiting to be respoked.  I've
thought about trying to write an article, but haven't been able to put
it all together.  I do have a couple of articles on it also, but don't
know if we can find the author for permission to put them up.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:  jblair@nhr.com

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire