Intake Manifold Mods to add power

To: Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Intake Manifold Mods to add power
From: ebrown@ms.com
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 08:44:38 -0400
     Okay, here goes one more time. I remember when I was a kid all of the
     hot rodders used to polish and open up the intake manifold and
     cylinder head volumes, apparently to add torque and horsepower, on
     these crude American V-8 engines they were all tweaking. Don't know if
     it did any good at all, but I read an advertisement in the latest
     Miscellany which offered a TR engine which had what sounded like the
     same sort of treatment.

     Is this "polishing and relieving" (or whatever the expression is)
     something that Morgan owners have done to their cast intake manifolds?
     I know about tuned exhaust headers (I guess) but don't know what the
     hot set up on the other side is.

     I suspect, when I run with the VSCCA and those other guys in Plus 4's
     are flying away from me on the straights, that maybe they've been
     doing some of this. Just a suspicion, mind you!!

     Chip Brown