Re: Intake Manifold Mods to add power

To: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Subject: Re: Intake Manifold Mods to add power
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 09:33:34 -0500 (CDT)
On Fri, 13 Jun 1997, William Zehring wrote:

> are blowing by in their +4s its probably more than just intake/exhaust
> manifold polishing/tuning (i.e. its $$).  Each contributes a very small
> percentage, that alone is imperceptible.  Together they add up to a
> siginficant boost in horse power.
>
> Apart from the "no substitute for cubic inches" rule, and the use of nitro

        Will, Don't forget that "breathing" won't do it all. This will
        improve fuel burning efficiency... Being able to move the air faster
        means higher RPMs too, It's also is a BIG help to balance the moving
        parts to avoid damaging vibrations... If the +4s are Triumph engined
        then there may be some serious cubic inch mods going on too, e.g. TR3
        engines have 84mm bores, TR4 engines have 86mm bores (in stock
        configuration). It is possible to increase the bores to 88mm without
        any serious machine work to the block (wet sleeves drop right in).
        With some machining you can use 89mm cylinders... Right, Ken?

> Will "Make mine a George Dickel" Zehring

        Greg "A wee drappie of Famous Grouse, if you don't mind!" Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois