Re: Radiators again

To: ebrown@ms.com, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Radiators again
From: GOTom@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 11:22:42 -0400 (EDT)
Chip

<< Your description is very hard to follow, but I have a 1957 Plus Four in
very
 original condition and could take some pictures and send same to you if you
can
 tell me where specifically to shoot. There are twin metal rods extending
from
 the radiator to the toolbox on my car. >>

On the 53 Flat Rad the twin radiator support rods attach to the center of the
top radiator tank and extend rearward to either the tool box or firewall.  As
I will need to relocate the supports at the fire wall due to the additon of a
new mainfold and twin SU's the more helpful information would be the angle of
the radiator and how it sits in relation to the fan, on the supports etc.
 Picts of this area they would be helpful however, I plan to assemble this in
the next week or two so there may not be time to get them processes and
mailed.  However they would be appreciated if you do have the time and helful
later for fine tuning.

<<I have been casting about on this net  site and elsewhere for 16" wheels
and haven't found any, had any responses. An  ad in the latest "Miscellany"
of the MSCC advertises 16" wheels (alum.) in a  variety of widths, but I bet
they're pricey and not original appearing. >>

I do not have a copy of the MSCC.  Would you have a phone no. on the wheels
that I could call as well as a number for the MSCC.?  E-mail is fine or my
phone is listed if you prefer the land line.

Thanks
Tom Gainer
53 Flat Rad

915-751-1064