Re: front plate mounting

To: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Subject: Re: front plate mounting
From: Gary Kneisley <kneisley@ohio.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 11:34:09 -0400
At 08:54 AM 6/17/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Fellow mog-o-philes:
>
>Does anyone out there have some advice on a means to mount a front licence
>plate?  Some of you fellows must live in a state that requires a front
>plate.  I really don't want to drill holes in my front bumper and am trying
>to figure out a way to mount in on one of the bumper "springs."  Any
>advice/suggestions?
>
>Will "confused in NJ" Zehring

Will,

My +8 has two bolts which go through the lower corners of the grill, onto
which the badge bar is attached.  These same bolts hold a bracket,about 3/8
inch wide and 4-5 inches long, which bends slightly toward the center of the
bumper and bends down an inch or so, onto which the license plate is
mounted.  Seems to work OK.  If these brackets were stainless steel it would
be neater... but mine are painted black.

Good luck.

Gary
Grafton, OH
1991 +8