Re: front plate mounting

To: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: front plate mounting
From: steve@tap.csiro.au (Steve Moore)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 08:01:32 +1000
Will,

The factory had mounted mine on two lengths of flat steel attached to the
inner bolt on either side of the bumper mount (where the mount attaches to
the bumper) down to the top corners of the licence plate. This results in
the plate hanging just below the bumper.

Recently I removed the centre of my front bumper and mounted the plate in
the resulting gap, I think this looks a lot better. The modification
required a tube welded between the two bumper mounts to hold the whole
thing together. A trip to the chrome platers and voila!

Cheers

Steve Moore