Re: Delivery or collection (UK only)

To: ebrown@ms.com
Subject: Re: Delivery or collection (UK only)
From: c.butter@umds.ac.uk (Colin Butter)
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 14:50:25 +0000
>     Those of us who can only dream about picking a car up on Pickersleigh
>     Road and driving it home want to say to our colonial master cousins:
>     Go pick the dam thing up yourself, shake Charles Morgan's hand,and
>     drive it home!

Thanks for the reply Chip.  I'm persuaded to do just that.  I  shall pick it
up and drive home, then on to the dealer who can spend a day checking the bolts!

>     Then I'd  tool back through the Cotswolds, after going through the
>     Malvern Hills, swing by Oxford, go to Blackwell's then have some lunch
>     in the neighborhood and then put the car on a flatbed truck and have
>     it schlepped back to London.

Ah well, there's the delight.  Having swung by Oxford I could have some
lunch on route to my home in a small village about 20 miles south.. Because
I work in London doesn't mean that I have to live here:-)    I travel in by
train; the Morgan won't come anywhere near!

>     (I know you said "UK only" but you know how we Yanks are! Couldn't
>     resist! Congratulations and enjoy!)

Glad to hear from you, and I fully intend to.

Colin

Dr Colin Butter
Physiology Dept
UMDS, St Thomas' Campus