project escalation - Morgan +4

To: "Mogs." <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: project escalation - Morgan +4
From: George Gerth <ggerth@west.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 1997 20:01:03 -0700
Well, I have the rear axle ready to go to the shop to have the axle tube
welded to the differential case so I went to work on the front disk
brakes.  Besides needing new pistons, I find that the right side caliper
had one of the mounting holes rewelded to fix a fracture when the car
had a right front collision years prior to my ownership.  I knew about
this damage since the original tube front end was repaired on the right
side.  I had replaced the front member during my first "restoration"
some 20 years ago.  The caliper repair seems fine.

Now upon looking closer at the right front rotor, I see that it is a
substitute for the original.  It is the proper diameter and offset, but
is measurably thinner than the other side.  It also had four mounting
holes originally which were braised up and 5 holes drilled to mount up
to the Morgan knock off hub.

I'd like to get an original rotor.  Any thoughts as to what I can match
it to?

George Gerth
ggerth@west.net
63 +4