Re: project escalation - Morgan +4

To: George Gerth <ggerth@west.net>
Subject: Re: project escalation - Morgan +4
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 16:58:55 -0400
At 08:01 PM 7/6/97 -0700, George Gerth wrote:
>Now upon looking closer at the right front rotor, I see that it is a
>substitute for the original.  It is the proper diameter and offset, but
>is measurably thinner than the other side.  It also had four mounting
>holes originally which were braised up and 5 holes drilled to mount up
>to the Morgan knock off hub.
>
>I'd like to get an original rotor.  Any thoughts as to what I can match
>it to?

George,

   The only thought I have on the subject is:

   Does you caliper have a "14" stamped on the outboard side?  If so,
that caliper was used on the 59-63ish Austin Healeys.  You might try

     Healey Surgeons Inc.             They have caliper rebuild kits
     7211 Carroll Ave.                "HYD 017"for $30 (does both calipers)
     Tokoma Park, Md. 20912           and pistons @ $32 ea.  Haven't done
     (301) 270-8811                   business with them yet

Let me know what you find out.

John

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire