Re: Armstrong shocks

To: Joseph DeLuca <DELUCAJ@mops.wl.com>, morgans <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Armstrong shocks
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 97 20:57:23 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

Joseph; Bill Fink is
Isis Imports Ltd
PO Box 2290 Gateway Station
San Francisco CA 94126
Ph 415 433-1344   Fax 415 788-1850

The thread the other day about supporting Morgan suppliers really holds true
for Bill.   Back in the early seventies when Morgan had to pull out of the
US market it was Bill who did all the leg work to bring Morgan into the USA.
 Many of the ' improvements in the "New Morgan " are really Bills ideas . He
can up with the Hoop under the dash, Tube shocks for the rear, reinforced
doors and many others.  Bill was actually the first person to  ' Gray
Market" a car since he was basically the first to import a Non Certified car
and bring it up to specs with no factory support, and he did it all before
waivers.
In all my dealing with Bill I have always found him to be forthright and
fair.

I have no financial interest  in ISIS but I do owe him a favor.  In 1985
while doing a  30 day tour of the USA in my Morgan, I stopped in to see his
shop for the first time. He not only let me do some service work in his shop
but actually left me the keys  to the shop  ( and a new 4/4  in  case I
needed  to run out while my car was apart.)
" Be sure to lock the gate when you leave" .   ME , and half a dozen new
Morgans all alone.  :)

Bob Nogueira

> Date: Friday, 15-Aug-97 07:45 AM
>
> From: Joseph DeLuca            \ Internet:    (delucaj@mops.wl.com)
> To:   morgans                  \ Internet:    (morgans@autox.team.net)
>
> Subject: Re: Armstrong shocks
>
> >>  -- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --
> >>

> >>  -------- REPLY, Original message follows --------
> >>
> >>  Date: Wednesday, 13-Aug-97 10:51 AM
> >>

> >>  Joe several years ago I bought some rear shocks from Bil Fink. Bill
started
> >>  using tube shocks on the rear of .all the Morgans he sold well before
the
> >>  factory made the conversion. He use to  remove the lever shocks and
had a
> >>  box full of new take offs, At the time he was just about giving them
away.

> >>  Might want to check with him on the off chance he still has some left.

> >>  Bob Nogueira
>
> Hello Bob,
>
> Bill's shocks sound like they are just the ticket for me.  I don't fancy
> yanking off my shocks, trusting them to  a turbulent shipping industry,
and
> then waiting two weeks for them to return.
>
> Among other things, I plan to go to the Vintage Fall Festival at Lime Rock
Park