Re: quiet

To: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Subject: Re: quiet
From: smithmog@ix.netcom.com
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 17:43:47 -0700
William Zehring wrote:

> Dear Mog-o-philes:
>
> Just a quick note with little morgan content.  I have renewed appreciation
> for you all on the Morgans list, and the reletively quiet list we have
> here.  Earlier this week, I don't know, I guess I just lost my head: I
> subscribed to the MGs list on Team.net and also to a Miata list elsewhere
> (Yes, I own a 91, my daily driver).  Crimminy!  In one day I received 150+
> messages (honest!).  I have hastily retreated from both.  The hotest debate
> on the Miata list has NOTHING to do with cars, much less Miatas.  People
> are all worked up about the UPS strike and are debating the history of the
> labor movement.
>
> So, count this as yet another benefit to owning the last of the true sports
> cars (at least until the Lotus Elise comes to the US): a nice quiet listserv!
>
> Will Zehring
>
> p.s. thanks to all concerned for tips on oil filters, both paper and spin
> on.  I ended up calling Penny to order a few.  Two reasons: we need folks
> like Penny, and I haven't yet done any business with her and wanted her
> catalog.  Next (minor) project: muffler.Will- I quite agree with you on
>supporting those who support our curious
taste in cars! When you do the muffler, keep us informed-I have been long
contemplating a stainless system I keep seeing advertised in
Hemmings.Called the guy; complete system for my 4/4 series 5 1600 (except
manifold) was about $250, which sounded reasonable.I would hate to
install it and find out it sounds like a kazoo, though.Anyone with any
experience with Langford stainless sytems?
        Jeff Smith 1968 4/4