[Fwd: Re: Heater]

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Heater]
From: Fred Kuzyk <msccc@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 18:56:10 -0700
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 01:15:30 -0700
From: Fred Kuzyk <msccc@sympatico.ca>
To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Subject: Re: Heater

John T. Blair wrote:

> Hey gang!
>
> Just was reading some email,  a fellow has several heater cores for sale.
> This made me think, and boy that hurts.  Does anyone know what heater the
> Morgan used(s).  I have what I believe to be an old TR3 heater.  It's a
> little taller than the one in my Morgan but I figure I could always press
> it into service if I had to.
>
> My  65, uses a round heater box.  The top and bottom are disks that are
> placed on the top and bottom of a round heater core.  An electric fan is
> mounted to the top plate.
>
> A friend has a 62 4/4.  It looks like his heater was installed by some
> jackleg.  It's a large square box.  However, I thought the emergency
> brake mech. was pretty Rub-Goldburg, until I saw another 62 with the
> same bastard handle. But then, I guess that another story.
>
> John
>
> John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:  jblair@exis.net
> Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  (757) 495-8229
>
> 48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget  65 Morgan 4/4 Series V
>      75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

Hi John!
Regarding the heater, I also have a '67 4/4 Competition. It employs a
round heater. The plate says it is a SMITHS model R200. Code: FHR 2404.
I've heard such items are obsolete. They do tend to keep the passenger's
knees warm! Probably made by the fine people who made the equally
functional gauges! Seriously, I've read that a round heater from the
back of old Volvo wagons can fit & work better. Other than that, know
little about such heaters & liitle info is found in any of the books I
have. I may need a core in the future.

Fred Kuzyk
Morgan Sports car Club Canada