Re: [Fwd: Re: Heater]

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: Heater]
From: Ben Hodgkiss <benh@hwcces.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 15:40:04 +0100 (BST)
My 1972 4/4 has this heater, and when it developed a leak a couple of
years back, I mentioned it a friend round the pub who said the
Morris Minor used the same heater, and he just happenned to have half
a dozen a them in a field! It cost me two pints, and it was a little
deeper than the one previously fitted, but is still doing a great job
to this day.

Ben

> Hi John!
> Regarding the heater, I also have a '67 4/4 Competition. It employs a
> round heater. The plate says it is a SMITHS model R200. Code: FHR 2404.
> I've heard such items are obsolete. They do tend to keep the passenger's
> knees warm! Probably made by the fine people who made the equally
> functional gauges! Seriously, I've read that a round heater from the
> back of old Volvo wagons can fit & work better. Other than that, know
> little about such heaters & liitle info is found in any of the books I
> have. I may need a core in the future.
>
> Fred Kuzyk
> Morgan Sports car Club Canada

Ben Hodgkiss                           email: benh@hwcces.demon.co.uk
Maintenance Systems Manager            phone: +44 (0)1905 766862
Environmental Services Department      fax:   +44 (0)1905 766890
Hereford & Worcester County Council