Re: A great Morgan purchase story

To: Murphys@ziplink.net, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: A great Morgan purchase story
From: FPS3@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 09:50:56 -0400 (EDT)
Jerry- good story!

I know a guy who bought an Austin Healy 100 with less than 400 miles on it.
Again- sitting in a house as decoration since new. He had expressed interest
and when the lady died she stated in her will that he was to be offered the
car at a substantial amount under the appraised value.
  His deal was not quite as good- as the car had just sat... he told me that
 every nut & bolt was loose and of course the seals were gone. And he paid a
considerable amount. Still, one good story deserves another..

My trike story is just the opposite- I paid a lot for a car that was brought
over 24 years prior as junk- been driven to death. It passed (as junk)
through several owners, who ripped off all the little items, headlights,
windscreen, etc. Last owner stuck it under a rental house crawlspace years
ago. It had resided there, slowly burried under more and more junk over the
years. I had to crawl 30 feet over four-feet deep "stuff" and look down at
the remains with a flashlight. Then I had to pay the guy a retainer before he
would hire a couple of kids to work for two days to dig a path so we could
get it out. Even then, we had to lift and drag it most of the way. It is a
great vidio tape though. One of my friends got "the gonk" the next day-
swears that it was the mold under the house... Could be. Might have affected
my brain when I first looked at it!
I gotta start reading Hemmings again & look for keyword "widow"...

Fred Sisson