Re: A great Morgan purchase story

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: A great Morgan purchase story
From: S Manwell <smanwell@sprintmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 12:35:55 -0400
Jerry,

I think the story has been embellished a bit along the way.

I met the owner -- who I believe is, or was, a 3/4 member -- of the the
low milage car that you are talking about at the Granby, CT British car
show 2 or 3 years ago.  I did not hear the part about the advertised
cost and negotiated price, but it sounds reasonable.  The car had a
little over 1500 miles on it when I saw it -- it was essentially a new
1967 +4.

As I remember the story, the previous owner bought the car new, then
became disabled, so that he couldn't drive.  He maintained the car for
all those years though, and his wife sold it after he died.

I am glad to hear that the car sold for a reasonably high price that I
couldn't afford.  I called many people on the MassMog contact list to
drum up some more club activity several years ago and I apparently
called the widow just after the long time Mog owner had died.  I didn't
have the heart to ask what would become of the car.

--Steve Manwell