Re: Beijing-Paris event

To: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Beijing-Paris event
From: Gary Kneisley <kneisley@ohio.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 09:12:50 -0400
At 09:48 PM 9/7/97 -0400, Check Vandergraaf wrote:
>While "idly" surfing the Net this evening, I came across the following
>interesting site:  www.carnet.co.uk/pekingparis/
>
>This is the home page of the second (first since 1907) rally (?) from
>Beijing to Paris.  Started yesterday in Beijing and the organizers
>promise periodic updates.  Didn't see a Morgan listed but the entry fee
>(UKL 25000) would buy a decent Morgan and I know where I'd put my money!
>
>Chuck Vandergraaf
>Pinawa, MB

Thanks Chuck, for pointing this web site out.  It is fascinating.

BTW there is a Morgan.... listed as:
         Ivar Moe/Tom Granli (N)  1969 Morgan Plus 8 sports  Class 5.
I believe it is car number 84.

It looks like they're off to a rousing start with one car suffering major
problems 50 yards from the start.  Sure seems to be a lot of fun though.

Gary
Grafton, OH
1991 +8