Moggie History

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Moggie History
From: WJBDLB@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 13:21:15 -0400 (EDT)
Hi--I thought I would thank everyone for the information about upgrading my
engine.  I really appreciate it.  I have secured at 1600 GT to upgrade my
1498 cc competition.

I thought I would jump into the dialogue about each cars history

I have had Moggie 20 years this year.  I was aware of the car, as it was on
consignment at a local dealer.  Seems that her previous owner was transfered
to Brazil by Xerox and he had to leave moggie behind. Although on
consignement, she did not move since she was seriously overpriced.  Still, I
came to visit her and once the owner said drop the price and negotiate, I was
there to negotiate.  The dealer also took my ailing MGB in as trade no less!!

I called my husband who was away in Washington DC on business and told him I
had a surprise for him when he came home.  I picked him up at the airport in
Moggie--unfortunately it was raining and I did not yet have the benefit of a
top.  Oh well, he has never regretted the purchase at all, once he got over
getting wet in his favorite business suit.

Moggie has been raced, rallied and autocrossed and is a very active member of
our Morgan and MG Car Clubs.  She has been no trouble at all--I just have a
rigerous maintanance program and once a year I take it in to someone who
knows what they are doing for a check up )I am a social worker, not an
engineer or mechanic)

We have toyed with the thought of trading up to a Jag Mark II but we dont
have the heart to let her go.  So we are saving and hopefully we will have
both soon.
(Anyone know of a good rust free 3.8?)
One other interesting fact.  Moggie has always lived within one mile of our
home in Rochester. She was first owned by a colgate divinity school student
who purchased it new in 1966 from Fergus Imports.  She was crashed and
rebuilt my a gentleman approxiamtely 2 blocks from me. Then we purchased it.

Desi Benet
66 4/4 competition
wjbdlb@aol.com