Re: More on Timing

To: apicciotto@wccusd.k12.ca.us
Subject: Re: More on Timing
From: harris_simmons@juno.com (Charles A Harris)
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 22:19:54 -0500
I am with Armando. Normally by eyeball once he engine is started you can
rotate the distributor to where the engine runs smoothly.  Tomorrow in
fact I get to go through this procedure after I re-install the engine
which was pulled today so that I could get the gearbox out. The trany was
locked up,  Fortunately Bob Nogueria came by and found that one of the
7/16th bolts on the side of the pillow block that the remote shifter is
held in place with had come out and fallen down into the box.  Thus the
shifter could engage only 3rd and 4th.  Thank you Bob.  I know that if
Wilburn reads this that he will assume that this is just another example
of my inability to properly use a wrench for securing any of Matildas
nuts and bolts (yes the generator and starter motor still undo themselves
occasionally).
For any of you in the neighborhood October 10th thru 12 is TEXMOG
(Morgans on El Camino Real) in Nacogdoches. For information contact Ted
Glover 972-964-3554, or me, or anyone else in Texmog.
Chuck Harris
Matilds doctor