Re: Plus Four mysteries

To: NOGERA@prodigy.net, Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Plus Four mysteries
From: FPS3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 14:56:55 -0400 (EDT)
Another little trick for tall Mog owners- I was inspired by Bob Nogueira's
car as I remember- years ago.

On my '65 +4, I shortened the back shelf by two inches- still room for the
battery but MUCH more room for the seat and a more arms-extended driving
position.

My '55 has the battery in the firewall. Years ago, someone modified the boot
configuration. Even though it is a two-seater, there is a small jump-seat in
the rear. The seat (boot bottom?) is about 14 inches (guess) and the vertical
panel is kicked back under at about a 40 degree angle. It just clears the
rear axle.  This gives  about a foot of floor space behind the seat, plenty
for my ten-year-old and an adult can sit sideways and put their feet on the
floor in an emergency. Good for stashing stuff too..

Fred Sisson