Re: low riders

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: low riders
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 18:18:59 -0500
Hey gang,

   I must appologize for my lack of presence on the list, but you can rest
assured that I am lurking.  Just am tooooo busy maintaining the Morgan Web
and Bricklin Web page, reading my mail - I'm the tech. contact for the
Bricklin group, publishing The Brickline - quarterly newsletter for the
Bricklin International club, and trying to get out in the garage and turn
a wrench on the Bricklin.  After all, I've only owned this car for 10 years
and never driven it.  Besides I have to have it finished by this comming
summer (well Sept. actually) as #1 son will be off to college and will
most likely need a car.  The only what that will happen is if he gets my
84 Accord and I get the Brick.

What does this have to do with the current debate? Nothing !!!!

However, since the astetics (sp) of the 4/4 vs the +4 has come up:

and as Joseph DeLuca wrote:

>After seeing other Morgans, and learning some of the differences, I'm
>glad I fell into a 4/4, but not for the usual reasons I hear bandied
>around here in the mail exchange.  I like the LOOKS of the 4/4 better.
>When I first saw a +4 I couldn't quite put my finger on why it didn't
>appeal as much aesthetically.  I mean, after all, only a few months
>earlier I didn't even know they looked different.

There is a difference in the bodies as well.  On the 4/4 the front fenders
are at almost the same height as the top of the nose, and the rear 1/4
panel sits about 1" higher than the rear fender.  On the +4s the nose and
hood sit almost 2" higher than the 4/4s to accomodate the TR engine.  In
addition, to carry that same line to the rear, the rear 1/4 panels sit
about 2" higher than the rear fenders.

John

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire