Bonnet Contact with Wings

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bonnet Contact with Wings
From: Wildbil923 <Wildbil923@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 18:41:08 EST
Everyone has been most helpful with the trials and tribulations of my late
fifties Mog Plus Four restoration project.  Thanks everyone.  All previous
problems have been resolved with most of the credit due to the list.  I've got
another question.

I'm now doing a test fitting of the sheet metal.  I notice, when the bonnet
halves are down and latched that each half makes metal to metal contact with
the wings (fenders)  sort of mid-way along the length of the bonnets.  The Mog
I'm restoring has a new chassis frame and valances so it's certainly possible
that the combination of old and new parts has affected the fit of things.  My
question:  Is metal to metal contact between the bonnet halves and wings
normal?  If so, has anyone come up with a clever way to protect the paint on
these two parts?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Bill Wilkman
Wildbil923@aol.com