bonnet contact

To: Wildbil923@aol.com
Subject: bonnet contact
From: tjsouz@epix.net
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 08:43:18 -0800
Bill,
The piece that Bob Noguiera wrote on fitting a Morgan bonnet is so good
that I printed it out and put it with my collection of technical
articles and reference dimensions.  There's one other small part that
helps with bonnet alignment and that's the rubber stop that's located on
the wing halfway between the cowl and firewall.  It sets the  side to
side location of the bonnet at the bonnet lower edge.
A quarter inch gap between bonnet and wing is desirable and also the
minimum.  With less of a gap the bonnet will rub the wing during hard
turns and/or bounces over rough road sections.  As Bob points out
there's quite a bit of adjustment but you have to have all the pieces
together and fastened down to see the final result.
Regards,  Tony Souza