Fwd: Thinking of buying a 1938 4-4 Morgan

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fwd: Thinking of buying a 1938 4-4 Morgan
From: MJBisHere <MJBisHere@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 11:37:31 EST

--part0_882635851_boundary

From: MJBisHere <MJBisHere@aol.com>
To: majordomo@autox.team.net
Subject: Thinking of buying a 1938 4-4 Morgan
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 21:36:02 EST

Subcribe Morgans

Hi,
A friend of mine has a 1938 Morgan which he is wants to sell me.  He bought it
back in 1988 but never got around to getting it restored.  Currently it is in
pieces.
He was getting the engine and transmission rebuilt but it never happened.  I'm
very
interested in doing the restoration but have no idea of the cost or the worth.
He's
asking $7,000.00 US for the car but I have to finish the engine & trans.  With
body
work and other etc's I figure I would need to put another $9,000 to $13,000
into it.  I
guess my biggest question is if I did the restore, is the car worth $16K-$20K?
I know you can never get your time out of it, but it would be nice to know if
its at least worth the parts I need to put into it.  Would also like any
restoration tips, nightmares, etc. anyone might have to share.
Cheers & thanks,
Mike

--part0_882635851_boundary--