Clutch Slave Cylinder?

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Clutch Slave Cylinder?
From: sgilbert <sgilbert@wpusd.k12.ca.us>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 16:00:47 -0800
Help!!!

Finally tired of adding fluid before and during trips in Morgan so I decided
to rebuild leaking clutch slave cylinder.  Easy to get to... except... How
does slave cylinder attach to bell housing???   The car is a 67 4/4 with an
added later 1600 crossflow engine and (I think) newer trans.  The slave
cylinder seems to fit thru a bracket in the bell housing with no bolts. One
would think you could unscrew it out of this bracket except it does have a
partial flange which would keep it from turning.  Perhaps it is just pressed
in... but I would have to hit it out the same way it is pushing on the clutch
and one would think if this was the case it would push itself out... SO...
Anyone know what's up?????  I really would like to get this off the car to
clean it up!

Thanks for any help you guys can offer and Happy Holidays from the Northern
Part of Sunny California!

Steve and Sue Gilbert
67 4/4 1600 (Driven 1200 Miles last year)
Auburn, CA