electric Windshields

To: "aMORGANS@autox.team.net" <Morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: electric Windshields
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 98 17:36:01 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

>From the 'There's Nothing New Only Different  Department:

When I checked with the factory as to how my 1964 Plus four was equipped
when it left Malvern they listed  'Defrosters'  as one of the options. I
never could find any signs of duct work or anything which resembled
defrosters.  On a visit  to the factory I asked an old timer how they
installed defroster in 1964. He said they simply use an electric defroster
made by Lucas which plugged into the inspection socket..
A few years latter i saw a pair on a Morgan . They were a 8 inch by 1 inch
metal plate with suction cups on the end and toaster wire strung between the
suction cups. I later acquired a pair of American made Electric defrosters
of the same design  which were made in the 30 s or 40's.  Being 6 volts
operating on a 12 volt system they tend to get quite hot .  Coupled with the
tendency to fall off the windshield on to your lap, I have always been so
engrossed with trying to keep them out of my lap that I've never noticed if
they actually worked
They do  however, make great toast.

As for air bags, my 64 came with those too.  Of course you have to lift  up
off the seat, pull the bladder out and manually place it between you and the
dash board,.

Bob Nogueira
1964 Plus 4
1962 Plus 4 DHC ( with fenders and not much else attached )