Newbie Needs Insights and Encouragements

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Newbie Needs Insights and Encouragements
From: "J.D. Welch" <jdwelch@datawing.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 00:43:29 -0700
Hello.  I hope I'm doing this right.  Here's the background:  I have a
friend that many of you know, Scott Willoughby.  I've known Scott since
about 1981 and lived with him in a house in Lebanon, NJ (yes, there is
such a place!) for a few months.  During that time I came to love
Morgans (who wouldn't with a +8 like Scott's parked in the drive?)

Anyway, I digress.  Now I've become a man of some means and mean to
acquire a Morgan of my own.  I've got my sights set on a 1961 +4 that's
about at the right level of "repair" for me.

Wherein comes the rub.  The most complicated thing I've ever done to a
car is put oil into it.  I'm I off my rocker to be buying a car whose
motto is "The parts falling off of this car are of the finest English
craftsmanship"?  What "fundamentals" should I consider before plunking
down $n,000 and driving off into the sunset?  My local community college
offers a course on "small engine repair".  Sound like a good idea?

Anyway, I've taken up enough of you good folks time.  Any feedback,
discussion, tonguelashing will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
J.D. Welch

end