Re: folding windshield

To: zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU, mdmiles@teleport.com
Subject: Re: folding windshield
From: FPS3 <FPS3@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 09:58:50 EST
On mounting Aeroscreens....

Lance Lipscomb used "PlusNuts", set into the cowl (american cowl), just under
the windscreen rubber. He runs without windscreen and mounts Areoscreens when
needed. PlusNuts are available with closed ends- so no H2O leaks.
  I mounted mine on the dash so that I could keep Aeroscreens in place with
windscreen up. Watch your Knuckles!
It is pretty easy to make your own brackets for Aeroscreens also... just make
'em to fit wherever you decide..

Nicest looking folding screen is the old factory unit. Very pretty- just find
one. Rutter's stainless works better and looks good- just not as pretty as the
factory folders.

I had one +4 painted "Air Force Blue"- DuPont two pack. With black wings-
beautiful combo. Maybe the American version of RAF Blue"?

fred sisson