Re: folding windshield

To: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Subject: Re: folding windshield
From: ebrown@ms.com
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 17:11:37 -0500

I am having made a steam-bent ash bow to fit across the cowl (??) basically
where the bottom of the windshield would be. Will mount a Brooklands screen
(from Penny Bates, who also has the hinge kits I think) and about three mirrors
as well. The guy across the street from me is an (ah) "artisan" and has promised
me my ash bow since last September. Now that racing season's here, I've begun to
put the pressure  on him. He builds mahogony boats and such, so he is fully
capable of doing this work, but it's a small job and he's not going to make a
fortune from me. I will let you and the site know how this gizmo comes out. I
saw about three of these bows up at Poconos last Spring and decided I'd make me
one.

All the best

Chip B.