RE: RE: checking a price ;-)

To: "'CobMeister'" <CobMeister@aol.com>
Subject: RE: RE: checking a price ;-)
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 14:11:16 -0400
Colin,

Thanks for deflating my balloon!!!  After all these years of hoping to
rebuild my +4, I gather that I may not be qualified.  Let's see now, I need
to be

"a young, wealthy, retired man with an understanding wife."

*       Unless I find a way to turn back the clock, I'll never be a young
man again (except, perhaps, to a 90 year old). >:-(
*       Unless some benefactor mentions me in his/her will, I will never be
wealthy (in the pecuniary sense of the word).  Working, in an indirect way,
for the government, I have found from experience that "the government giveth
and the government taketh away." >:-(
*       Retiring is an option that looks more and more likely though, not so
much because I'm getting to that age but because the government (see above)
in its wisdom, doesn't think what I'm doing is worthwhile anymore. :-|
*       "An understanding wife."  That I have!!  She's one of these gems
that doesn't want me to sell the +4. :-)

So, in retrospect, Colin, maybe you didn't prick the whole balloon, only
half of it!  ;-)

BTW, "taking candy from little children" indeed!  I gather that's not as
easy as it sounds!

Chuck Vandergraaf (who is scheduled to visit New Mexico in May, but only Los
Alamos via Albuquerque and Santa Fe, not Las Cruces and, unfortunately, not
in a Morgan, +4 or otherwise).