checking a price

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: checking a price
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 09:38:16 -0400
Dear fellow mog-o-philes:

I have heard of the availability of a nearly completely disassembled flat
rad +4 for sale.  As Homer Simpson might say, "Ohhhh, FLAT RADS!"  My
knowledge of this particular car is limited.  It is my understanding that
the engine is rebuilt and ready to run, but that the car is almost
completely disassembled.  It is my additional understanding that the car is
complete, if not very nearly complete.  Supposedly, the owner has lost
steam and just wants it out of his garage.  I have a phone number and will
speak to the fellow, and have pals in the area that are mog-knowledgable
who can look at the mess for me.  What I've come here for is advice.  I
realize I need to learn a lot more about this car, but lets assume that the
wood is solid, that the car is virtually complete, and that really mostly
what it needs now is tlc and assembly.  Given the fact that this car will
need to be shipped to me, and that the current owner appears just to want
this millstone off his neck (so the rumor goes), what's a fair price for a
fully disasembled flat rad (53 or so?) +4????

I have a strong attraction to the flat rad mogs.  IMHO, the coolest of all
mogs is a flat rad fhc, but this is a soft-top, but who's complaining?  As
my last name is not Steinbrenner, I'd even contemplate the selling of my
cute-as-a-bug's-ear and wickedly fast '67 4/4 (aka the thinking man's Mog)
if this thing was a suitable restoration candidate...

Any and all comments/flames/advice/suggestions welcomed.  For my part, I'll
promise to find out more about this car and post back to y'all.

cheers,
Will Zehring

p.s. If I buy a +4, does this mean that I'll have to be nice to OUR MAN BOB?